Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bar Mitzvah

Henry's Bar Mitzvah,

Alissa, Benji and I went to a Bar Mitzvah of cousin Henry. Henry did beautifully, he mentioned the history of his name, for his grandfathers on both sides. You can see the lines of character that preceeded him. It gave me pause to think about the sterling qualities that Judah had and that Seymour his father had . Cousins were coming up and reminiscing.

Seymour stories of how he let his younger cousin play with his medical bag. Of how he would make them feel special, giving them of his time and knowledge. Judah was similar in that regard. He loved to share his knowledge, whether it was about a book, baseball, politics. He would connect with every one who came in contact with him. The grounds around the bar mitzvah, were littered with golden, red, russet leaves as it is fall in NYC. Seymour grew up in Connecticut and loved the changing seasons. Judah would have loved to photograph the colors and the textures on the ground.

As the leaves fall and blanket the ground, it was like watching a movie. It was a blanket over the earth to keep it warm and sustained for the winter. We don't have that effect in LA, so I rely on the memories to blanket Judah and Seymour.

Keep sending me stories, keep me informed of what is going on in your lives. This keeps Judah with us just so much longer.

With love,

1 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been a while since I checked in here...but I see you often in the neighborhood. I just wanted to say hello and let you know that Gary and I think of all of you and Judah often.
-Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home