Monday, August 09, 2010

Five Year yarztheit]

 
Posted by Picasa


White Lives Dies, but lives on

Judah is like a spark, a ray , an emination. A friend e mailed, that he gave his son the name Judah as his middle name. I just received the e mail, close to Judah's yarzheit, and fifth anniversary of his death. This is the fourth child to carry his name, Daniel, (after Judah's middle name) Jack Judah, Grayden Yehuda, and now
this new baby. Its an honor and a blessing. to be remembered so by his friends is a testiment to who he was.

I miss his smile, his sleepy ways, his good humor, his intelligence and his voice.
I also met up with another baseball friend, who spent a long wonderful afternoon with me. I spoke with Mike L Dave, e mailed, Amy, Rina, hope to hear from you .

Martha

1 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Five years ago, on a night like tonight, I visited this website and was crushed by what I read. I always believed Judah would prevail. He was always too strong and filled with an indefatigable hope to ever be allowed to fail. I guess the reason the best of us die young is because sometimes, even God, needs a hug. God received the finest hug imaginable, in Judah, when He took Judah from us five years ago. I heard a song today that reminded me of Judah, but then, that happens all the time. Normally, the song will conjure up memories of shared laughter and joy. Today, the song only made me sad. I just miss him so much. Tomorrow, I suspect when I least expect it, I will hear a song that reminds me of Judah. I think it will be Judah's way of reminding me to remember all the joy he gave to me, all the joy and laughter that still lives on within my cherished memories of the time we spent together. I'll make sure to laugh, and remember the good times, even as I cry. For I know, this is what Judah wants me to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home