Thursday, August 18, 2005

Bronchoscopy

Judah's doctors invited us to watch the bronchoscope. Truly an amazing experience. A fiber optic scope is placed down the wind pipe into the branches of the lungs. You can see the walls of the lungs, the little air passage ways. Its better than biology 101. Judah's lungs are clear of any blood or infection. However, he does seem to have fluid at the base of the left lung. Later today an ultra sound will be done. This will help determine if the fluid can be aspirated by a needle. The game plan is still for more dialysis, some blood work, antibiotics, steroids, antifungal meds, pain meds, and if he can, get rest in between.


Judah is still heavily sedated and non responsive. This is good as his sleep is pain free. The staff is wonderful.

Will write when we have more details.

For all of those who pray, keep on praying,

Love,

M

6 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We pray, we pray, we pray. From morning to night we think about Judah. When our friends call, they always ask "how is your nephew Judah doing?" We update Judah's progress and ask all for prayers. The prayers are working!!!
Love,
Marsha

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are praying.
We are thinking of your entire magnificent family and how amazing you all are and truly an inspiration for all of us.
Thank you for all the updates on the blog.
We think of you, we pray for you and we love you Suz

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Judah, Martha, Issi & Ben -

Will continue to pray. I like what the bronchoscope showed - mostly cleared lungs.

Keep up the good work!

Love, Uncle Robby

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha,
I imagine that you will be getting another degree at City of Hope with all your new medical knowledge. (Congrats on the honor from HUC).
Glad to hear that everything is stable and working and we look forward to seeing you all soon.

- David

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

During my run today I thought about all the things I was going to tell Judah the next time we chat . . . Zoe wants to stand on her own (but keeps tumbling over), Dave is killing me talking about his fantasy baseball team (I must admit I am starting to turn on the baseball games even when no one else is home), how WONDERFUL his family is, how AWESOME his friends are, and how much I miss hearing "Hey, hey, hey" when I pick up the phone. I only recently really started running again and it's been a struggle. Today, however, was different. The laps got easier, not harder - the side stitches were less instead of what feels like constant. I enjoyed my 3 mile run because I got to run with a HEALTHY Judah.
I share my story because I believe in the power of positive thought and the power of prayer. It is so exciting to believe that the prayers and good vibes are paying off. YAHOO!
Now back to work . . ..

Stacie

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

שלום יהודה דניאל יקר

אני רוצה להגיד לך שאנחנו אתך כל הדרך מחכים לראות אותך בריא ומחייך את החיוך המקסים שלך, יש לנו סבלנות ואנחנו ממשיכים להתפלל ןלדמיין אותך בבית שלך

אוהבים אותך
רחל וציוני

 

Post a Comment

<< Home