Friday, July 22, 2005

Good Shabbos from 6213

He's eating potatoe chips and mac and cheese. A bite of each.

When I saw him so high on wednesday it was becasue of the steroids. when they took him off, he crashed again and spent the last 36 hours sitting up in his chair with frequent coughing fits. he's coughing up blood and the chest x-ray this morning was comparable to the one last week that started the ICU episode. So he's back on the prednazone.

We did a little shabbos here and he talked at legnth about missing home, and shabbos dinner and, brace yourselves, dinner meals at camp ramah. He says it's the meds talking.

Mom is bouncing around like a little girl waiting for dinner. So we're headed out.

To the shiksa out there, you do realize this is public don't you? Love you!

Mr Ligget was back with challahs. we hadn't seen him for a while. Eli came by with a cornicopia of summer fruits.

Stay cool everyone.
AAW

5 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Judah et al., Like someone who listens to NPR without becoming a member, I've been lurking on your blog without writing in---until now. I find myself checking it several times a day, my mood fluctuating with your condition. Thanks to all the Whites and modern technology for allowing this kind of communication. My thoughts are constantly with all of you, and Lou and I send our fervent wishes for your recovery. Big hugs to all, Barbara Ravitz

 
At 4:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello to everyone. And sorry to hear about Judah's coughing fits. I hope this is all a normal course of events--and that Peter is still around to cheer Judah up and keep him walking, when possible.

Yes, public it is. I hope it was not the Barney's bit that may have offended?

I thought of my second family last night, and talked about you. Typically, I found a friend who holds Friday night Shabbat. I explained how he was doing the ceremonies all wrong. :) Not even proper candles! He's been holding Shabbat for foreigners abroad since he was working as a journalist in Baku for the FT. He rushed the whole thing, which I think ruins the spirit of Shabbat. He seemed embarrassed. And if embarrassed, why do it?

In any case, I realized I have forgotten too much and will have to ask tons of questions when I come home to a real Shabbat with the Whites.

Missing you and looking forward to sharing Shabbat in September.

Shiksa

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

missing the friday food at Ramah? definately ICU material + indication for an MRI.
But then What do I know, I was almost certified for enjoying the food in basic training (yah...give me a shnitzl and some mashed potatoes and I'm a happy guy).

Hope you're back on the way up (with the help of steroids or not).

...AHHHGGGG machaneinu Ramahhh.... :-)

noam zevit

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh...and of course...

Shavua Tov!!!
noam

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so grateful to be able to read up on Judah's progress- thanks so much for continuing the blog. It's heartwarming to see what a large and loving fanclub Judah has created for himself - You're quite a rock star, Judah! As always, I am thinking of you and praying for you to heal and be able to come home soon. In the meantime, I'll throw Pete some meat for you down in the basement... Love, Ilene

 

Post a Comment

<< Home