Saturday, October 08, 2005

Five Weeks

Today marked five weeks since Judah left us. It was hard sitting in Shul without Judah at my side. Benji uses his Talis bag now, this is good. Alissa uses his car and this too is good. I still can't go through Judah's things. Grandpa was here during Rosh Ha Shana and he was comforted by "borrowing " some of Judah shirts. I think he was secretly pleased that he could fit into them!

We all look at items in a personal way. When I came home from the market with lots of plastic bags, Grandpa said, great, now I have bags to put my laundry in, Pixie, looked at the bags, wagged her tail and demanded a walk. When Grandpa foraged in Judah's room for a suitcase, he was glad to have something to transport all his borrowings in. Pixie saw the suitcase and went into a depression. She associates it with people leaving.

When friends have stories of Judah, they hesitate to share it thinking it would be painful to us. When I hear or read these Judah stories I am comforted.

Yom Kippur is soon here, the day will be hard not only for us, but for all of you, his friends, and family. Its hard to say Happy New Year. Nanette Stahl, a childhood friend of my sent me the following greeting that feels most appropriate, I send it to you with love,

"May the old year with all its curses be gone
May the New Year with all its blessing begin"

1 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please keep posting...somehow it helps me with my grief.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home