Friday, August 12, 2005

Friday/Monday


Statistics show that Judah doesn't do well on Friday nights and Saturday mornings. He also doesn't do well when his oncologist Dr. Forman is away, or sick. Superstitious I am not, but the math shows us that tonight is a double witching hour because Dr. Forman has been gone since yesterday, and it is Friday night. The solution? We tell Judah that it is Monday and I stand by his bed and pretend to be Dr. Forman for a few minutes. Hopefully this will trick Judah into having a good night.
In the meantime, he is being dialyzed. His numbers are fine and we are waiting for more good news. There are some specifics that I won't go into now that may become complications but things are being headed off at the pass by the very pro-active doctors.
I'm including my favorite Judah/flower shot. When my father was alive, he saw genitalia in every flower. As Dad used to say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

5 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

J, M, A, B, and P: Good shabbos, good night, sweet dreams to all. From Lisa, Michael, the Cloud, and our guest guinea pig, Cornelius Fudge.

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Judah,Martha,Issy, Benji, and crew,
Wishing you a peaceful shabbat filled with good vitals, improved labs, and positive thoughts!
Thank you for the lovely pictures,
Coco

 
At 5:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Judah, Martha, Issi & Ben -

Shabbat Shalom. Am heading off to Temple, will check in after.

I like your idea of time shifting. I especially like the pro-active stance of Judah's doctors.

Love, Uncle Robby

 
At 6:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mac, its so humind here you could cut the air with a butter knife. It shabbos morning in Scarsdale and I'm getting ready to take the kids to shul. I'm going to make sure my row makes a mishaberach for you in unison so let's see if that helps. We'll also make sure we follow up with a kiddush club special so you'll be covered back to back. I can't wait for you to get out of that hospital so the chaverim can meet you. Shabbat Shalom. -Joe

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Georgia O'Keefe also saw genetalia in flowers -- see vision crosses gender.l A shabbat shalom to Judah and to all the Whites.

Gay (not to be confused with the other Gay) Silberg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home