Saturday, September 10, 2005

Eulogy for Judah, by David

I am honored and humbled to be standing here. I shouldn’t be here. None of us should be here. We should all be together at Judah’s 40th birthday party, his wedding, his child’s bar mitzvah or at any other joyous occasion. I am still hoping that I will wake up from this dream and I will see his face, his smile; hear his laugh, and his voice. I want to call him for medical advise, legal insight, Jewish law, sports strategy, a good laugh or just to see how his day is going. Over the past years Judah has put up quite a fight. Although he became one – through this he never wanted to be a role model, an inspiration or a hero. He never wanted to be associated with a disease. He wanted to be Judah - a club med doctor with a super model wife. Judah touched all of us in different ways. So lets hold hands, hug each other and let our selves be flooded by great memories of the best friend I could ever ask for.

1 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

“Anybody here seen my dear friend Judah
Can you tell me where he’s gone?
Oh, he freed a lot of people but the good, they die young
I looked around and he was gone.”

Over the past week all of us have grappled with the loss of dear Judah. But the aching hole of pain left by his loss has been filled in part by the richness of the celebration of his life that has been shared so beautifully both in person at the White home, and over the blog. I have learned more about our wonderful Judah in the past week than I knew of him throughout our years of friendship. And for this I am grateful to you all.
And the love, reverence, and decency that has surrounded Martha, Benjie and Issy has been simply a blessing to behold.
I'm confident that he's resting in peace seeing how richly he was loved and how many lives he touched so deeply.
Love, the Freeses
Paul & Denise, David & Leo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home