Sunday, October 16, 2005

Shabbat was six weeks

Shabbat marked six weeks since Judah died. Tomorrow is Sukkot. As Benji said, this holiday is hard because Judah so loved Sukkot. Eli and Zehava helped me set up the Sukkah. Judah had tried his hand at making a lamp of blue and white lights with white and blue marbles in it. Rina, Eli and Zehava managed to get it to work. This will be the center piece of our sukkah decorations. Yotan and Havi, Zehava and Eli's kids helped harvest tangerines from a tree I planted last year for Judah. Its a small sapling still, but brings sweet fruit. Its the only actively bearing tree in the garden. The squirrels ate all the apples, and the lemons are still not ready. Its hard to eat green oranges!. My friend the bunny rabbit bounced in front of the house the other day, and Pixie gave chase.

Stay close,

M

3 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to think that the people that I have lost and loved are everywhere... In the breeze, the sunrises and sunsets and even the bunnies that play havoc with a garden!

I believe Judah is present with you now. We just can't see him like before.

Love,
Nina

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you sit in your succah (whet it finally stops raining) I hope you feel Judah's presence filling that space. May your memories of Judah be a blessing to you...I know they are to so many.

Hag Sameach Succot,
Lisa and Gary Lainer

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Martha

How special that Judah's lamp is lighting the space of your succah as his love still lights your heart. I know he's there with you enjoying the garden and the flowers and all the things, and people, he loved.

My best always, Jill Franklin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home