Friday, August 26, 2005

Letter From Tennessee, A Chip Off the Old Block,

August 22 05
Dear Martha and Judah,

The chip is a piece of the steps leading to the ancient city of Hebron mentioned in the Tenach. I will find the verses and the drawings I did of the steps and send this to you. I had 10 chips I was allowed to keep as they were too small for us to repair the steps due to political pressures to finish. This is where King David ruled from for seven years before capturing Jerusalem... I have learned many Jews carry earth, stones, etc from Israel so they are always close to it. I feel since King David was such a powerful king, perhaps his special place will give you xtra stregnth and all the prayers all of us give to you.

...ps do not handle the chip too much as it will crumble. it is 4,000 years old. I am trying to find a glass container to hold it in before it turns to sand.

...If you drink wine, I have pieces of tile taken from the city (later period, some of it Byzantine) from the winery there...

Once again to you and your mother my affection,

E. Gordon
Tennessee
(lightly edited by Alissa)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home