Saturday, July 30, 2005

Morning

Judah gave us a terrible scare last night. He had fallen asleep while he was alone and the oxygen mask had fallen off of him. He panicked when came to and called out for a code blue. This meant that the entire floor came bursting into his room. He was okay though, he just lost his oxygen mask for a few moments.
Judah knows he is not well, but he doesn't know what the doctors know. Since the beginning he has asked to be shielded from other people's opinions and expectations. This will enable him to keep up the fight, and frankly, this is what sometimes can turn the tide.
I know many people will want to see Judah in the next few days, but it is not helpful right now. He had a surprise visit from Dave and Stacie Nemetz last night that was beautifully timed. Judah was lucid, breathing easily, and awake. He wanted to know why they turned out at 11 pm on a Friday night. Then he got a call from his friend Alex in Chicago. Again, Judah wanted to know why Al would call at 11 pm our time. I told him that I posted on the blog that he is not feeling well.
The next few days are going to be difficult for all of us. Thank God mom can sleep while standing up. Judah seems to like it when he opens his eyes and sees one of us nearby.
Judy Eber, Janet and Rina are helping take care of the dog. I doubt that my mom will leave the hospital but I will try to get out a little today and visit the dog, pick up supplies etc.
I wish I had more news to give, but it has been a long night and I am tired. I will keep posting throughout the day.

5 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Benji, thanks so much for keeping all of us posted on Judah's blog.
We are all with you every moment.
Stuart and I are planning to come visit tomorrow.
with much love ,The Schweitzers

 
At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Judah and the White family,
Sending all my love and prayers to you. I'll be thinking about you. Benji, thank you for keeping us updated.

Love,
Cindy C.

 
At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Benji and Martha - Thanks for keeping us updated as often as you can. Last night when we read the blog we wanted to be there for you and to show our support. You guys have been working round the clock and anything we can do we will. Seeing Judah was a surprise and I hope he enjoyed our brief visit.

Judah - It was great to see you last night. Keep up the fight - clear those lungs and lets try to avoid code blue situations.

- Love - David, Stacie and the still peacefully sleeping Zoe.

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sending you all my love and hope, and I pray that Judah can beat this.
Don't worry about anything at home. Pixie is fine. I visited her this morning and she is taking care of the house. Please call me if you need anything.
Love,
Janet

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Judah
I am so grateful to be able to keep up with all news on this blog. We are all thinking from you and feel in awe of your strength and determination. You are blessed to have Isse, Benji, and Martha and they are lucky to have someone as strong as you.

Take care of each other.
Lots of love cousin Maggie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home