Monday, November 28, 2005

Twelve Weeks

Returning home from New Mexico from a Judah-less Thanksgiving spent with Alissa and Benji in New Mexico, I found new e mails from classmates of Judah's, and notes from friends asking us how we fared this year. We needed to change the scene for a few days.

Judah was in Israel for four years during medical school and would come home at Passover time, and winter break in January missing Thanksgiving. We were so happy to have Judah back home for Thanksgiving when he began his residency at Huntington Memorial in Pasadena. Seymour would be nostalgic for a New England Thanksgiving as he was a Connecticut native son. Judah obliged with his special pumpkin pie.

It was three years ago at Thanksgiving that he began to feel unwell and very tired. I miss his easy smile, "see you Ma"

M

4 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I drive by your house about a million times a day, and each time I smile and wave. You are all always in our hearts.

I hope your New Mexico Thanksgiving was a peaceful retreat from your busy and sometimes difficult days. I am sure Judah was there in spirit.

Lisa Lainer

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think of you everyday. I hope that the change in scenery was a good one. I would love to see you soon and in the meantime I will call Benji again to bug him.
Love,
Judi

 
At 1:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We think of you everyday.
Thanks so much for making this world better with the stem cell donor program.
We love you much, The Schweitzers

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Martha:
We were in L.A. over the thanksgiving weekend and were remembering our visit with Judah at City of Hope on Thanksgiving Day 2003 (in the morning.) Tamar brought us to the hospital--we had never been to Duarte before.

Judah showed us his watercolors and sketches and was upbeat and optimistic. Benji was there, and you were expected a few hours later. Since it was one of the very few times I spent with him, I know that I will think of him every year, on thanksgiving morning.

I took some photos of Judah and Tamar that day (they looked pretty happy) and those were the ones I carried with me during that era.

You are in our thoughts constantly. Take good care and thank you for keeping this going.

nechama

p.s. shabbat shalom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home