Wednesday, December 07, 2005

THIRTEEN WEEKS

Each day brings new messages from friends, some Judah's, some mine, some Issi and Benji's. All are touching and deeply moving.

Judah touched so many people, not only in his life, but in is passing as well. We all struggle to make sense of this loss. One friend just send a letter reflecting on Judah's life and his potential, and ended by realizing "What this has meant for me has been a greater sensitizing to the reality that people are losing the understanding of the sanctity of each human being. We who live in a world of "Gigas" and "googles" however, cannot forget that it begins with ONE. Judah's life and death have helped to affirm my awareness of this principle and my commitment to sharing it with others. For this I am indebted to him".

Please keep writing,

Love,

M

1 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Martha

I have been so busy (and tired) with my new baby--Benjamin Edward DeMatoff aka Binyamin Hayim, born Nov. 3, 6 weeks early!--that I have not been on the blog lately. But you and yours are always on my mind and in my heart. I hope that my boy and I will have the relationship that you and Judah had and we will continue to be close into his adulthood as you were.

This week I lost another friend to cancer--a young woman with a 4 year old and a 10 month old. She found a lump in her breast during her pregnancy with the baby. She left us yesterday and we are devastated. Her name was Lori Glazer. Please remember her in your prayers and pray for strength for her husband, Michael, and their children.

It is so hard to understand why life would end so soon for these young people with everything ahead of them. I can't understand but all I can say is that we need to live everyday and appreciate every moment we have with our friends and family because it can end all too soon.

Jill Franklin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home